So hi there. Long time, no see. Yeah… sorry about that. I really meant to post more last year but time just slipped away.
Which leads me to my word for 2016: intentional.
I want to be intentional in my spiritual life. I want to be intentional with my children. I want to be intentional with my husband. I want to be intentional with my own health. I want to be intentional in every area of my life.
I’ve prayed and thought (a lot) over the past few weeks about my goals for 2016. God has showed me that I’ve not been intentional like I should. I’ve not been purposeful with my quiet time or deliberate with the time spent with my children. I’ve not planned time to be with and talk to my husband. I’ve just been kind of flying by the seat of my pants. And that really doesn’t work well for me. I’m not that kinda gal.
So with that being said, I’ve set some pretty lofty goals for this year. This is quite a long list so bear with me.
Goals for 2016
1. Read the whole Bible.
~ Incorporate daily morning Bible time.
2. Complete at least three Bible studies this year.
~ Colossians (a BoldTurquoise study).
~ Intentionally Focused (WLW study).
~ One other TBD later.
3. Write in my prayer journal two or three times each week.
~ Set up journaling pages in Homemaking Binder.
1. Finish K5 program with C by June 30th.
2. Begin K4 program with J by February 1st.
3. Begin 1st grade with C by August 8th.
4. Read at least 52 new books.
5. Arrange monthly outings or field trips (to library, park, museums, etc.).
1. Monthly dates and regular time together.
~ Do something with just the two of us a few days each week.
2. Send him a love letter (via text, email, or whatever) each month.
1. Save $4,000.
~ Get $20 cashback when I go to the store and set it aside.
2. Get my vehicle note balance down to $5000 or less by end of year.
~ Schedule about five extra $100 payments throughout the year.
3. Sit down monthly to assess financial situation.
4. Plan England trip and set aside money.
~ Passports need to be completed by April 1st.
~ Tickets need to be purchased (or at least researched) by February 1st.
1. Read twelve books this year.
2. Spend one day a month researching genealogy.
3. Learn sign language.
4. Have an afternoon off for planning at least twice this year.
Health and Fitness:
1. Lose a total of 36 pounds this year.
~ That’s about three pounds a month.
:::: Weigh 190 by June 30th.
:::: Weigh 175 by December 31st.
2. 20,000 fitness minutes this year.
~ That’s about 385 minutes per week.
:::: 10,000 minutes by June 30th.
:::: Gym two or three days a week.
:::: ST at least twice a week.
3. Improve fitness test stats by 5% – 10% by year end.
~ Initial fitness test January 4th.
~ End of month assessments to check progress.
~ Mid-year test for check-up.
1. Reinvent my Homemaking Binder. Make it functional and beautiful.
2. Establish working homemaking routines, one per month (except July).
~ Evening (before bed) routine is January’s routine.
:::: Line out new evening routine by January 1st and implement.
:::: Reassess on February 1st and tweak as necessary.
~ Morning routine is February’s routine.
:::: Line out new morning routine by February 1st and implement.
:::: Reassess on March 1st and tweak as necessary.
~ Afternoon routine is March’s routine
:::: Line out new afternoon routine by March 1st and implement.
:::: Reassess on April 1st and tweak as necessary.
~ Meal planning is April’s routine.
:::: Make meal planning a priority and make it a weekly or monthly habit.
~ Making my calendar work for me is May’s routine.
:::: Read Make Over Your Calendar.
~ Decluttering is June’s routine.
~ School planning is August’s routine.
:::: Get a routine in place to keep me organized and ahead of the planning.
~ The rest are TBD later this year. (Also, any of these can be moved around as I see fit.)
3. Set up school room/office by September 1st.
~ Declutter 15 minutes, twice a week.
~ Paint office by June 1st.
~ Hang white boards by August 1st.
~ Work out storage solutions by August 15th.
So there they are. All neatly typed out for the world to see. I will try to update a few times this year to keep myself accountable. I would say I’ll update monthly… but I know better than to set a goal I have no hope in achieving. 😉
Have you made goals for 2016? What is your focus? Do you have a “one word” for the year?
This post is linked up at: